BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Just A Little Story...

Hey guys, I wrote a story yesterday and I thought I should share it with you. It's nothing much really, just something that popped into my head. Here ya go :)

Simple Beginnings
By Buddie Ann Bastian



I sighed at myself in the mirror. My shoulder length red hair was pinned back and hiding under a dark green hat. My t-shirt stained with bleach and my pants with tears in several places. I was off to work at the diner again and wasn’t really looking forward to it. It was only a week into summer and I was already working almost every night, washing dishes.
“Hey Hailey,” the cook, Amber said, smiling.
“Hi,” I smiled back.
“Have you met Jake yet?” she asked me. I was still new and Amber always made sure to introduce me to everyone.
“No,” I said.
“He’s down stairs getting some stuff, I’ll introduce you to him when he comes back up. It’s funny, I thought you would know him, after all he is your age,” she said, cooking away at a couple of hamburgers.
“There’s lots of kids at our school, I don’t know them all,” I said, spraying off some dirty plates and shoving them into the industrial dishwasher.
“Oh, well I bet you’ll think he’s great,” she said. Her attitude was extremely positive today.
“How do you know?” I asked.
“I just know things,” she smiled again.
“It’s true, she’s good with people,” a male voice said. It sounded as if it was coming from the back room.
“Hailey, this is Jake,” Amber said.
“Hey, you must be the new dishwasher,” he said, formally introducing himself. Jake was about four inches taller than me, maybe more. His eyes, bright and amber, his smile, slightly crooked, but somehow it worked. He flipped a piece of light brown hair out of his eyes and smiled.
“Hi,” I smiled. I couldn’t seem to form any more words.
Throughout the night I snuck glances at Jake and smiled at him occasionally. He was really friendly and made a point to talk to me now and again.
“Hailey, do you have a ride home tonight?” Jake asked, sweetly.
“Actually, I don’t. Usually on of the waitresses gives me a ride, but I don’t think Anna has a car,” I said. Anna, the waitress actually didn’t have a car, and usually walked home.
“I can give you a ride,” Jake offered.
“Thanks, I’d really like that,” I grinned at him.
“So would I,” I thought I heard him, mutter. The end of shift came quickly, and as soon as the diner was closed, Anna, and Amber were both gone in a flash. While Jake and I finished up the dishes we took the time to get to know one another.
“Ready to go?” he asked, as I grabbed my back and clocked myself out.
“Yep,” I grinned and opened the back door to rainstorm, “Crap I forgot a hoodie.”
“No worries,” Jake said, taking off his own jacket, “You can have mine.”
“Really?” I asked, surprised at the offer.
“Yeah,” he smiled and grabbed my hand, “Come on, the truck’s this way.” We held hands the entire way to the truck. Once we were inside the truck, Jake sat there, not even making a move to start the truck.
“Don’t you want to get the heat going?” I said, “It’s kinda chilly.”
“Hailey, I think you’re very beautiful,” he said, eyes intent on mine.
“I think you’re pretty cute yourself,” I could feel my cheeks turning red. Jake pulled me close into a hug and before I knew what was happening, his warm lips were on mine. I could feel my head spinning as Jake slowly kissed me. Our slow kisses developed into a passionate make out session that felt like it lasted hours. I could feel Jake’s presence all around me. I knew this would be something more than just a casual fling, I could feel that it was love.
After some time Jake drove me home, and I smiled up at him, “Call me or something,” I couldn’t help but say.
“I will or something,” I grinned down at me. It wasn’t until I got into the house that I realized I was still wearing his black hoodie.

0 comments: