BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A (Love) Poem...Words...

Lately I've been really nervous and shy and this poem just kind of came out of me...it totally explains my feelings...

Words

Standing on the lit up stage,
belting out a perfect song,
is simple to me.
But talking to you makes me feel all wrong.

My heart beats faster,
and my cheeks begin to flush,
at the sight of your smile.
And I have to admit I have a crush.

I wish I knew what to say,
and what to do.
But even at the sight of you,
my whole word goes askew.

Saying the right thing
shouldn't be so hard.
But the words don't come out right,
and I immediately put up my guard.

So the words never come out,
they stay inside my head.
And there are still so many things,
I really wish I'd said.

0 comments: