This is a poem I wrote about a person very near to my heart with a very deep meaning, if you go to my high school you know what I'm talking about...Hope you like it!
An Almost Tragedy
By Buddie Ann Bastian
You can hear the siren
blasting in the background.
The school is in uproar,
but you're just glad he was found.
You look around the gym,
seeing people cry.
You know some never cared,
until he almost died.
At such a public place,
he tied the rope in a knot.
At first you weren't sure why,
then you understand it was his plot.
This high school was the place,
where all the pain was caused.
Not until his almost tragedy,
did people stop and pause.
Now they ponder:
Was I the one,
who spoke those cruel words
and picked fun?
I tell you peers.
An almost tragedy is not the time
to show your love.
For by then, it's only a crime.
If you're going to love,
and be sugar sweet,
then do it for real,
and don't you dare cheat.
Sunday, April 18, 2010
A (Sad) Poem Called: An Almost Tragedy
Posted by Buddie Ann at 3:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment